Catergeia's Heaven

heaven (noun) : a place of utmost happiness; a medium to express my thoughts on this journey called Life.....

Thursday, November 16, 2006

How Lovely is Your Dwelling Place

Posted at Friendster, Jan 2006

Do you know this wonderful song? I hope you do! Otherwise, I am certain that it is an i-have-heard-it-somewhere-it-sounds-familiar-kind of song once you hear it. This is one song which comes out beautifully regardless of the singer, the arrangement. The lyrics stem from Psalm 84. I cannot help but be moved whenever I hear this song and I will never get tired of playing it as the music evokes a different sense of spiritual feeling. Heavenly. Glorious. The CD Something More ( songs for skeptics) and other CDs from Jesuit Communications Foundation contain this song. I personally like the rendition of RB Hizon ( a Jesuit priest) but recently, I heard the version of Sheerin of Bukas Palad (from their newest album, God of Silence) and it was equally splendid as that from Himig Heswita. May these groups continue to share God's word thru their brilliant music :) By the way, an audio clip is available at www.bukaspalad.com, check it out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Lovely is your Dwelling Place
Music and Lyrics: Arnel DC Aquino, SJ
Arranger: Arnel DC Aquino, SJ

REFRAIN:How lovely is Your dwelling placeO, Lord, mighty God, Lord of all.
Even the lowly sparrow finds a home for her brood,and the swallow, a nest for herselfwhere she may lay her youngin Your altars, my King and my God. (REFRAIN)
Blessed are they whose dwelling is Your own, Lord of peace.Blest are they refreshed by springs and by rainwhen dryness daunts and scathes.Behold my Shield, my King and my God.
(REFRAIN)

I would forsake a thousand other days anywhereif I could spend one day in Your courts,belong to You alone.My strength are You alone,my Glory, my King and my God. (REFRAIN)
CODA: How lovely, Your dwelling placeO, Lord, mighty God, Lord of all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
scb/012206

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home