Catergeia's Heaven

heaven (noun) : a place of utmost happiness; a medium to express my thoughts on this journey called Life.....

Friday, June 06, 2014

Live. Love. Dream. Pray Part 2

Resending with my 66/100 dreams J It’s just bliss doing this J Well, these are my dreams but I know God has better plans.

 

And I quote:

 

Day 35 from Bo’s book 40 stories of Passion: Lord, I want you to answer my prayers but even if you do not answer my prayers, I will still surrender to your perfect will because I know that the best is yet to come!

 

My favorite verse: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future – Jeremiah 29:11

 

1.       7/7 Prayer Time

2.       1/30 Confession

3.       2-3/7 Mass

4.       2/30 Blessed Sacrament

5.       Go to Holy Land for a pilgrimage

6.       Read the entire Bible

7.       Build a library for my books

8.       Establish a foundation/scholarship (for poor but deserving ECE students)

9.       Being a model employee

10.   Marry my 1st BF J

11.   Serve the Lord along with my household

12.   Spend birthday on an orphanage/charitable institution

13.   Learn how to swim

14.   Be a radical disciple

15.   Own a brand new car

16.   Open businesses according to my interest/core gift

17.   Cost average Mutual funds/Stocks

18.   Get insurance 10X my annual salary

19.   Own a condo in Manila

20.   House and lot in Pampanga for my family

21.   Learn a foreign language (Chinese perhaps?)

22.   Buy out our house in Pampanga

23.   Take entire family out for vacation

24.   Attain my ideal weight

25.   Learn how to drive (manual first!)

26.   Take up culinary lessons

27.   Serve children in a Ligaya ministry

28.   Being frugal regardless of my stature

29.   Learn how to play the guitar

30.   Take Mom for a vacation

31.   Learn fundamental and technical analysis on stocks

32.   Be a loveable “in-law” J

33.   Join TBRDM

34.   Attend creative writing lessons

35.   Learn Photo/MovieMaker

36.   Travel abroad as an office perk

37.   Open an online shop

38.   Be a blogger (in the truest sense of the word) on a gamut of topics

39.   Debt-free living

40.   Sustained relationships with friends/classmates

41.   Be a manager at PLDT for a division whose work I also love J

42.   Being a faithful WG member

43.   Be an IECEP officer

44.   Buy PLDT stocks and cost-average!

45.   Build my stamps database

46.   Attend an apologetics course or “defending the faith” sessions

47.   Quarterly quality bonding with family

48.   Finish my masters

49.   Be an advocate of healthy lifestyle

50.   Attend Communic-Asia

51.   Acquire HCNA/MEF/CAPM/ITL certifications

52.   Own a resthouse in Tagaytay

53.   Build my book database

54.   Own Taboo & Guesstures

55.   Teach in a review center for ECEs

56.   Be a lawyer or marry one! J

57.   Complete my E-heads CD collection

58.   Be part of a mission team

59.   Be a covenanted member of Ligaya

60.   Attend a Vatican mass

61.   Publish my own book

62.   Learn photography

63.   Be a speaker in an IECEP Mid-year or National convention

64.   Evangelize friends to join a community

65.   Complete a 500+-pieces-or-more puzzle

66.   Retire rich

 

Entries 66-100: Coming soon!

Pic courtesy of http://www.renewedstrength.org/page/verse-images

 

Scb.06062014

 

===================================================================

This excites me J I actually have a dream journal written in excel which I usually update once in a while. It gives me a high putting a check mark for something I’ve accomplished or acquired (either thru doing or buying or simply being given to me without any effort). I plan to do this task and slip in it my bible so I can offer it to Him in my prayer time each day. May all our dreams allow us to hope and trust of the things He has planned for us, giving back all the glory to the Giver of All =)

Live. Love. Dream. Pray =)

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” – Mark 11:24

“Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4

Photo from www.juliejwrites.blogspot.com

Scb.03052014

================================

Write Down Your 100 Dreams

There are a few things in life that make me go berserk.  One of them is when someone says, “I’m bored.”   I mean, how can anyone be bored in a world so beautiful and full and exciting as this planet we’re living in?

Well one day, a fifteen-year old friend with aluminum fingernails and 12-inch clogs told me, “I’m bored.”  Instead of bouncing up and down shrieking my head off, I decided to calmly ask, “Why?”

“Because my cell phone’s busted and I can’t text anyone!”

Ooooooh.  Because Armageddon can break loose, the ozone layer can disappear, and an asteroid can destroy half the planet—but these disasters cannot compare to the calamity of a teener without her cell-phone.

“Here’s a piece of paper,” I tore from my diary.  “Write down 100 dreams you want to do before you die.”

Her eyes bulged.  “One hundred?  I-I never thought of…”  After thinking for awhile, she sheepishly said, “Well, I wanted to buy the cute avocado-green Benetton shirt I saw yesterday in the mall.  Is that considered a dream?”

       “I’ll let that pass.  Write that down as number 99 or 100.  Anything more exciting?”

“Uh…, I once thought of becoming an author of a novel one day.  But nah…” she brushed off the idea with a wave of her hand.

 “Write that down,” I commanded,  “'I will become a terrific novelist.’”

As she scribbled the line, she asked, “Should I include the word terrific?”

 “Put that down, girl!”  I almost shouted.  “What else?”

 “I sometimes imagine myself starting my own shop.  It will sell trinkets that girls like me love to buy.  But it’s too far-fetched…”

“Fabulous!  Write that down!”

She went on.  “And one day, I hope to give a million pesos to a Home for the Aged.”  Soon, she didn’t need any more coaxing.  She was like a runaway train, her eyes on fire.  Learn the violin.  Travel to Paris and Beijing.  Try skydiving once.  Become a gourmet cook.  Get married and have three kids.

       When she finished dream number 100 (the cute avocado-green T-shirt was somehow forgotten), I said, “Think of small things you can do NOW that will make you closer to the fulfillment of your dreams.  Start with the novelist dream...”

 “Well, I could start reading novels.  I’ll learn the craft.”

       “Fantastic!  And how about the “trinkets shop” idea?”

       “Perhaps I could learn more about bracelets and nail polish and hair stuff…”

       I suggested, “You can also work in any store during summer or on weekends, even if they don’t pay you a cent.  Learn how it works, from top to bottom!”

       “This is exciting!” she shrieked.

       “And you say you want to give one million pesos to a Home for the Aged?”

       “Don’t tell me, Bo.  I could visit them now!  Maybe monthly!  In that way, I’ll never forget my promise!  Gosh, I’ve got a million things to do!  Got to go!”  She bid me farewell and off she went, the girl with the aluminum fingernails and 12-inch clogs.

       Hmm.  That was strange.

I thought I just saw a young girl without her cell phone.

Happy.

I must be seeing things.

Write down your 100 dreams.  It may just do strange things to you as well.

May your dreams come true,

Bo Sanchez

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home