Catergeia's Heaven

heaven (noun) : a place of utmost happiness; a medium to express my thoughts on this journey called Life.....

Thursday, November 16, 2006

SONA - State of the Nation Address

Posted on Friendster, July 2006

I've never heard the recent SONA. What was it all about? Sorry, I have not had the chance to watch news programs lately nor read the online broadsheets. You know, busy...busy-busyhan :)
How many boos or hoorays did PGMA get? How many pauses did she do to give way to the thunderous applause? ( I am surprised that reporters even count these!) I am not a loyal fan nor an ardent critic of PGMA but the SONA is something I look forward to every year (regardless of the president) . I sometimes feel guilty when I do not know what's happening in my own country. I should spend more time in the Nation/Headline section of a newspaper rather than the Entertainment page ( Are you also guilty of this?).

Flashback ulit....

I first heard of the word "SONA" when I was in Grade 6 ( History Class under Mrs. Roxas). I remembered it because it got it wrong in the daily quiz given to us. Of course, when it's wrong, you are curious to know what the correct answer is. During the periodical test, it was asked again. I just did not put SONA, I wrote, State of the Nation Address with matching acronym - SONA in parenthesis (Kapag mali pa naman yan eh, ewan ko na lang!). In the succeeding years, I remember my teachers giving it as an assignment - a summary of the SONA. Even grade schoolers are not spared ( I guess that's the reason why classes are sometimes suspended during SONA). This political event is a yearly thing for me. I plan to search for it in the Internet for a full copy ( thanks to the web!).

scb/072606

Postscript: I have read it yesterday ( July 28)...I need to re-read it, hahaha. Cannot fully grasp the content in just one perusal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home