Shelfari and other Book Stuff
Here's my Shelfari link:
http://www.shelfari.com/catergeia
As indicated in their website, it is a site for books and readers. There are some books though that are not included in their search list. I have yet to discover how to add books not searchable on their site. I do not consider myself a bookworm (like Bo and other people who cannot sleep without reading or finishing a book) but I would want to read and buy several books, notwithstanding time and money constraints (for genuine book lovers, these hindrances do not exist! If there's a will, there's a way). My favorite hangout is still Powerbooks (comfy couch, wide array of books you can read for free!).
A few weeks back, I bought my first Pugad Baboy book, Pugad Baboy One (1). Of course, I know this popular series but I did not bother to buy any issue as I get to read the comic strips sometimes at Inquirer until I heard Bobby Quitain's story last RLTC that her wife is a great fan of the PB series. His story somehow stirred my curiosity and so I grabbed my first copy. It was funny alright but I still prefer Bob Ong's works (sorry po sa mga fans ni Pol Medina Jr). As of last Sunday, I finally have a complete collection of Bob Ong's books (jologs talaga ako, hehehe). These 3 books I have read a few years ago at Powerbooks-Megamall but just did not have a budget to buy them. It amused me that recently, an email circulated in the internet re: Bob Ong's quotes on a variety of topics, all culled from his books.
Just finished Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot - it's one book I highly recommend to all single people (now I am bent to buy her other books).
My recent book purchase is Rome Sweet Home by Scott and Kimberly Hahn. I'll bring it tomorrow to the cemetery. I've longed to buy this book (along with Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis) since I attended the CLP but totally forgot about it until a sister reiterated how good it is in one of her sharings. Coincidentally, an AG mate will also make a book report about it in our next AG. Yeah, it was a timely and worthy buy. :)
At the moment, I am interested to read ( not necessarily buy) more books by Kiyosaki and Lechter, Coelho, Elliot, Kong, Osteen, Yancey, Lucado and Mandino. But here's the sad part, the Greatest Book of all Time, I have not read in its entirety.
Guess I need to re-assess my book priorities.............


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home